‘Solo’ & ‘Deadpool 2’ Early Reactions, Jon Favreau’s Star Wars TV Series, Jurassic World Ride, Snake Eyes, Brad Bird & More
May 11th, 2018 by slashfilmdaily
On the May 11, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film weekend editor Bradford Oman and writer Hoai-Tran Bui to talk about the latest film and TV news, including early reactions from Solo: A Star Wars Story and Deadpool 2, Snake Eyes GI Joe spin-off announced, Universal Studios is replacing their Jurassic Park ride with a Jurassic World ride, and a bunch of Star Wars stories including more rumors as to why Colin Trevorrow was fired from Star Wars Episode 9, Brad Bird’s possible Star Wars future, an Obi-Wan Kenobi movie, and our first real info about Jon Favreau’s Star Wars tv series.
Opening Banter: Peter went to the world premiere of Solo: A Star Wars Story, met Jeff Bezos, watched George Lucas from afar and oh yeah, saw a new Star Wars movie.
In the News:
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Early Buzz: A Fun Heist Movie, But Donald Glover Steals the Show
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Early Buzz: Better Than the First Film in Every Way (Chris joins us)
- Snake Eyes Movie Announced
- ‘Jurassic World Ride’ to Replace ‘Jurassic Park – The Ride’ at Universal Studios Hollywood
- Is This Why Colin Trevorrow Was Fired from 'Star Wars Episode 9'?
- Brad Bird Has an Open Invitation to Do Something with ‘Star Wars’
- Is Lucasfilm Finally Gearing Up for That Obi-Wan Solo Movie?
- Jon Favreau’s Live-Action ‘Star Wars’ Series Takes Place Before ‘The Force Awakens’
Other articles mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
/Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
Please feel free to send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.