Everything We Learned About Last Jedi & Our Star Wars Standalone Movie Wishlist
Aug 9th, 2017 by slashfilmdaily
Ben Pearson, Brad Oman and Jacob Hall join Peter Sciretta for the August 10, 2017 episode of /Film Daily. On today’s show, a dumpster truck full of Star Wars: The Last Jedi information has been dumped upon the world and we try to scavenge through the pile, as well as talk about Hellboy reboot casting. And in the mail bag, we’ll talk about our hopes for the future of the Star Wars stand alone movies.
In The Water Cooler:
- Peter is practicing for his Magic Castle audition
- Jacob built an RPG case for my gaming group.
- Ben is watching Wet Hot American Summer: 10 Years Later
- Brad finally got ahold of Mondo’s Home Alone Cheese Pizza Vinyl
In The News:
The ‘Hellboy’ Reboot Summons Milla Jovovich as the Villain
‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Photos & Details: Finn Becomes a Pilot, Rey is Not Welcome & More
‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’: How the Introduction of Rose Changes Finn
Luke Skywalker Thought Kylo Ren Was the Chosen One, But Will Rey’s Story Reveal Otherwise?
‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’: Why Luke is in Hiding and How He Got There
‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’: More Ahch-To Creatures Have Been Revealed
In The Mailbag: Fitgeek from Gerrit, CA asks “What are your thoughts or ideas for the next few stand alone SW movies? What would you like to see explored?”
- Peter’s picks: original stories with original characters and not spin-offs/origin stories, Martin Scorsese-style gangster movie
- Jacob’s picks: Army of Shadows in Star Wars, Earliest Jedi Tales
- Ben’s picks: Stormtrooper film (secret crossover)
- Brad’s picks: The Kessel Run, Cantina Band Mockumentary
To submit questions to the mailbag, send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention your name and general geographical location in case we mention the question on the air.
You can find all that and more at slashfilm.com. You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Play, Overcast and all the popular podcast apps (RSS). This podcast is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com. We’re still very much experimenting with this podcast, please feel free to send your feedback to us at email@example.com. Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes and spread the word! Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.