AppleTV+ Announcement Reactions and Analysis (Audio fixed)
Mar 25th, 2019 by slashfilmdaily
On the March 25, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor in chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to discuss Apple TV+ and the news coming out of today’s big Apple keynote event.
Opening Banter: Water Cooler will return tomorrow.
In The News:
- Apple Officially Announces New Streaming Video Service, AppleTV+, Which Debuts This Fall
- First Look: AppleTV Plus’ Original TV Shows, Including ‘The Morning Show’ and ‘Amazing Stories’
- Apple TV+ Trailer Touts Steven Spielberg, Sofia Coppola, J.J. Abrams, Ron Howard & More
What was announced?
Who is involved?
How did the footage in the sizzle look?
- The Morning Show
- Amazing Stories
- Little America
- Little Voice
What are some shows in development we didnt see?
Oprah as “one more thing” (two docs and a book club)
Spielberg vs. Netflix
Was the presentation a flop?
How much will it cost?
When will we get it?
Is anyone here buying in?
What happens next?
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.