Best Movies From The 2019 Sundance Film Festival
Feb 5th, 2019 by slashfilmdaily
On the February 5, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor in chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson, and writer Chris Evangelista to talk about the best films of the 2019 Sundance Film Festival.
Opening Banter: Chris’ opening introduction was the topic of conversation on the recent /Filmcast, which was guest hosted by our own Hoai-Tran Bui.
In Our Featured Presentation: The 15 Best Movies We Saw at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival:
- Late Night (Brad, Chris and Ben)
- The Last Black Man in San Francisco (Ben)
- The Nightingale (Chris)
- Brittany Runs a Marathon (Brad)
- The Death of Dick Long (Ben and Brad)
- Velvet Buzzsaw (Chris)
- Native Son (Ben)
- Big Time Adolescence (Brad)
- Wounds (Ben)
- Honey Boy (Brad and Chris)
- The Lodge (Chris)
- I Am Mother (Ben)
- The Farewell (Brad and Chris)
- Paradise Hills (Ben)
- The Report (Chris and Brad)
Other Articles Mentioned:
- American Psychos: How ‘The Report’ and ‘Vice’ Investigate the Horrors of the Bush Administration
- All of our Sundance Reviews
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Play, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.