Big DC Movie Changes and Water Cooler Monday
Jun 11th, 2018 by slashfilmdaily
On the June 11, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Scirettais joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Omanand writersHoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelistatotalk about some breaking DC movie news and talk about what we’ve been up to in another edition of Water Cooler Monday.
In the News:
- Geoff Johns Steps Down as DC Entertainment President, Jim Lee to Replace Him as Chief Creative Officer
- ‘Green Lantern Corps’ Movie Will be Written and Produced by Geoff Johns
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Peter saw Piff The Magic Dragonperform at the Magic Castle
- Brad has been reorganizing his office, bought NECA’s SDCC TMNTfigures.
- Jacob adopted a kitten named Fitzgerald J. Catsby.
- What we’ve been Reading:
- Hoai-Tran accidentally re-read the entireHis Dark Materialstrilogy, coincidentally also started reading Dark Matter.
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Peter saw both Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdomand The Incredibles 2, but he already gave his reactions last week. Interviewed Brad Bird and JA Bayona. He finally caught up on three weeks of Westworld, and LOVED last night’s episode.
- Brad took his whole family to see Incredibles 2, saw Ocean’s 8, watched The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected)
- Jacob saw Hereditaryagain and is starting to get addicted to ERon Hulu.
- Hoai-Tran saw Ocean’s 8and got nightmares from Hereditary.
- Chris watched A Wrinkle In Time, and did not care for it at all. Also Castle Rock, but can’t say anything about it, but wants to brag.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Peter has been having trouble with Postmates. Can we talk about International House of Burgers?
- Brad tried Milky Way Fudgeand new Lipton Iced Tea Half & HalfFlavors
- Jacob has learned to never expect much from the Cheesecake Factory
- What we’ve been Playing:
- Jacob has been scrambling to complete his Netrunnercollection
- Brad has been listening to the Hearts Beat Loud soundtrack
All the other stuff you need to know:
You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
/Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
Please feel free to send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.