Black Panther Box Office, Fast X’s Insane Budget & a HUGE Horror Merger
Nov 18th, 2022 by slashfilmdaily
On the November 18, 2022 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editorial director Peter Sciretta is joined by news writer and box office expert Ryan Scott to discuss the latest film and tv news, including Black Panther box office, Fast X’s budget, and a big horror merger.
At the brief Water Cooler:
- Peter saw the premiere of Disenchanted.
- Ryan saw Devotion.
In The News:
- Ryan: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Concludes Phase 4 Of The MCU With A Bang At The Box Office
- Peter (og Erin): The Fast X Budget Rises To $340 Million, Making It Potentially The Fourth Most Expensive Movie Of All Time
- about 70% increase from the $200 million budget of F9
- Estimated break-even point around $500 to $550 million, could be more depending on marketing budget
- Franchise has been trending downwards from the $1.5 billion worldwide gross of Furious 7. Last summer, F9 made $726 million globally (pandemic was a factor).
- What are the 3 films that have topped this budget? (ryan if youre reading this, don't look it up)
- Ryan: Blumhouse And James Wan's Atomic Monster Might Merge - Here's Why That's Huge For Horror
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- And please subscribe to our newsletter!
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.