Disney and James Gunn, Marc Forster Interview, New Oscars Category, Duncan Jones, and More
Aug 8th, 2018 by slashfilmdaily
On the August 8, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film senior writer Ben Pearson is joined by weekend editor Brad Oman and writer Hoai-Tran Bui to discuss the latest film and TV news, including the latest on Disney and James Gunn, a new category at the Oscars, Duncan Jones’ new TV project, an American Gladiators reboot, how mobile viewing might change moving forward, and the Harry Potter movies returning to theaters. And in our feature presentation, we have an interview with Christopher Robin director Marc Forster.
In The News:
- Disney Is Using James Gunn’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3’ Script
- The Oscars Adding a Popular Film Category, Trying to Limit the Telecast to Three Hours
- ‘Moon’ Director Duncan Jones to Helm ‘Killer Intent’ TV Adaptation
- A Whole Bunch of Big Names Just Raised $1 Billion to Change Mobile Viewing
- ‘American Gladiators’ Reboot is On The Way, Executive Produced by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg
- All 8 ‘Harry Potter’ Movies Are Returning to Theaters This Month
In Our Feature Presentation:
- ‘Christopher Robin’ Director Marc Forster Isn’t Worried About ‘Paddington’ Comparisons, Explains The Film’s ‘Gladiator’ Reference, and More
Other articles mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
/Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
Please feel free to send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.