Disney Streaming, Joker, Amazon, Rotten Tomatoes, Thriller, Wile E Coyote, First Man
Aug 29th, 2018 by slashfilmdaily
On the August 29, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by senior writer Ben Pearson and writer Hoai-Tran Bui to talk about the latest film and tv news, including Joker casting, Amazon’s future movie plans, Rotten Tomatoes, Thriller in 3D, Wile E Coyote, and First Man early buzz.
In The Mail Bag:
- Jesse from Michigan writes in “Hey Peter and the gang, In reference to the Disney streaming service price in yesterday’s episode and everyone thinking $6 was too low... You realize the other streaming services have to license the content, which is part of the price that you’re paying for as a customer. With Disney, they already own the content they’re streaming. ANY revenue from the service is just gravy for them, they don’t need to charge an arm and a leg. And at that price, who wouldn’t subscribe?”
In The News:
- Ben: Alec Baldwin Joins Joaquin Phoenix ‘Joker’ Movie, Rumored to Play Thomas Wayne [Updated]
- HT: Amazon Might Develop Original Movies With Sony and Paramount, Amazon Streaming May Get Ads
- Ben: Rotten Tomatoes Adding New Voices to Tomatometer, Focusing on Inclusion and New Media Platforms
- HT: Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller 3D’ is Getting an IMAX Theatrical Release For the First Time Ever
- Ben: Wile E. Coyote Movie In The Works at Warner Bros.
- HT: ‘First Man’ Early Buzz: Critics Are Over the Moon For Damien Chazelle’s “Revelatory” Biopic
Other articles mentioned:
- Disney has to get a whopping 32 million subscribers for its Netflix competitor to break even, according to UBS
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Play, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.