Halloween Spoiler Discussion: The Twists, Callbacks, Ending, and Will There Be A Sequel?
Oct 24th, 2018 by slashfilmdaily
On the October 24 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, senior writer Ben Pearson and writer Chris Evangelista to have a Halloween spoiler-filled discussion.
Halloween Spoiler Discussion:
- Is this the Force Awakens of Halloween movies?
- The reversal from the original
- Dealing with life-changing trauma
- Who broke Michael out of the bus?
- Is it a bit ridiculous how Michael gets back his killing uniform?
- The David Gordon Green-ness of It All
- The sandwich conversation was a callback to Halloween 5?
- Ben: ‘Halloween’ Easter Egg: Jamie Lee Curtis Played Multiple Roles, and Michael Myers’ One Ethical Choice
- The Doctor Debate: Jacob vs. Chris
- Chris: Let’s Talk About the ‘Halloween’ Ending (And if a Sequel is Even Possible)
- The zoom-in on the knife? The breathing
- Does a slasher movie need to be scary?
- Chris: The New ‘Halloween’ Almost Kept ‘Halloween II’ Canon – Here’s How It Would’ve Been Different
- Chris: Where Do These ‘Halloween’ Deleted Scenes Fit in the Movie?
- Should there be a sequel?
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Play, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.