How Can Steven Spielberg Be So Wrong About Netflix’s Oscar Eligibility?
Mar 4th, 2019 by slashfilmdaily
On the March 4, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor in Chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall and senior writer Ben Pearson to discuss the latest film and tv news, including Metal Gear Solid, Edge of Tomorrow 2, the future of Warner Bros, Guillermo del Toro, and Steven Spielberg vs. Netflix.
Opening Banter: Watercooler is pushed until tomorrow because of scheduling conflicts.
In The News:
- Ben: Oscar Isaac Wants to Star in ‘Metal Gear Solid’ Movie, and Director Jordan Vogt-Roberts is Into It
- Jacob: ‘Edge of Tomorrow’ Sequel in Development, Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt Both Expected to Return
- Ben: The Future of Warner Bros.: More ‘Matrix’ and ‘Mad Max’, Fewer Shared Universes
- Jacob: Guillermo del Toro Writing and Directing Secret Bad Robot Project ‘Zanbato’
- Ben: Yes, Steven Spielberg is Still Unhappy About Netflix
- Ben: Netflix Responds to Steven Spielberg as the Streaming Wars Continue
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.