How Important Is It For Ancillary Stories To Further Canon? Stranger Things, Disney/Fox, Brad Bird, Sicario 2, DC, Incredibles, Optimus Prime, Star Wars, Hardwick, Fox/Disney & More
Jun 19th, 2018 by slashfilmdaily
On the June 19, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film weekend editor Brad Oman and senior writer Ben Pearson to talk about the latest news, including Chris Hardwick, an update on the Disney/Fox acquisition deal, Stranger Things gets a comic book prequel, Brad Bird’s 1906, Sicario: Day of the Soldado early buzz, Incredibles 2 box office, Will Ferrell making a Netflix movie, Warner Bros’ plan for DC’s future, Optimus Prime standalone movie, and a Star Wars: Episode 9 rumor.
In The News:
- Chris Hardwick Loses Talk Show on AMC After Abuse Allegations, Won’t Be Moderating Comic-Con Panels
- Disney / Fox brief update
- ‘Stranger Things’ Comic Will Tell The Story Of What Happened To Will In The Upside Down
- Brad Bird Wants To Turn ‘1906’ Into Both A Film and TV Series
- ‘Sicario: Day of the Soldado’ Early Buzz: A Surprisingly Superb Sequel
- Warner Bros. Decides The Best Business Plan For DC’s Future Is To Make Good Movies
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Smashes Box Office Records with the Biggest Opening Ever for Animated Movies
- Will Ferrell Dusts Off His Singing Voice For ‘Eurovision’ Movie For Netflix
- Optimus Prime Could Get His Own Solo ‘Transformers’ Spin-Off Following ‘Bumblebee’
- Is Another Major ‘Star Wars’ Character Returning for ‘Star Wars: Episode 9’?
All the other stuff you need to know:
You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
/Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
Please feel free to send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.