If You Were Stranded On An Island With Only One Director’s Filmography To Watch, Who Would It Be?
Jun 6th, 2019 by slashfilmdaily
On the June 6, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to discuss the latest film and tv news, including Swamp Thing, JJ Abrams, and Marvel. And In the Mailbag, /Film senior writer Ben Pearson joins us to discuss which director’s movies we would want with us if we were stranded on a deserted island.
In The News:
- HT: ‘Swamp Thing’ Officially Cancelled One Week After Its Premiere on DC Universe [Updated]
- Chris: J.J. Abrams Might Be Bringing Bad Robot to Either Warner Bros. or Apple
- HT: Marvel is Adapting Its Iconic Comic Book Stories Into Audiobooks
In The Mailbag:
- Bryce from Utah writes in “If you were stuck on a deserted island with solar power, a tv and a specific set of blu-rays from only one director’s filmography to watch for the rest of your life on this island, who would it be?
- Peter: Spielberg?
- HT: Easy, Hayao Miyazaki
- Chris: Martin Scorsese
- Ben: Rian Johnson
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.