Interview: Dean DeBlois, the Director of the How To Train Your Dragon Trilogy
Feb 22nd, 2019 by slashfilmdaily
On the February 22, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor in Chief Peter Sciretta interviews Dean DeBlois, the director of the How To Train Your Dragon trilogy and the new film How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, which is in theaters this week.
In Our Feature Presentation:
- Director Dean DeBlois on the Evolution of the ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ Trilogy and His Plans to Go Live-Action Next [Interview]: In our interview, we talk about the evolution of the story from the beginning of the trilogy to the conclusion, comparisons to Star Wars, the trouble with sequels, an animation franchise where the characters physically grow and age, the original idea for the second movie that was abandoned, how he feels about making audiences cry, what it was like to work with Guillermo Del Toro and Drew Struzan, his hopes to make a live-action film next, a possible Dragons theme park ride, and the challenge of making a mythical based franchise in the age of Avatar.
Other Articles Mentioned:
- HT’s ‘How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World’ Review: A Sincere, Soaring End to One of the Best Animated Franchises
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.