Is This What The Next Star Wars Saga Will Be About? Plus: Christian Bale in Thor 4, Golden Globe Winners, and More
Jan 7th, 2020 by slashfilmdaily
On the January 7, 2020 episode of /Film Daily, /Film senior writer Ben Pearson is joined by /Film weekend editor Brad Oman and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to talk about the latest film and TV news, including the Golden Globes winners, rumors about the next Star Wars saga, Christian Bale joining Thor 4, a Knives Out sequel, Hans Zimmer’s latest composing gig, and Jessica Chastain teasing an unexpected sequel to one of her previous films.
In The News:
- Brad - 2020 Golden Globes Winners: ‘1917’ and Sam Mendes are Surprise Victors, ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ Gets Love Too
- Chris - ‘Thor: Love and Thunder’ Cast Might Add Christian Bale
- HT - ‘Knives Out’ Sequel Will Put Daniel Craig Back on the Case of Another Rian Johnson Whodunnit
- Chris - ‘A Most Violent Year’ Sequel Teased by Jessica Chastain
- HT - ‘No Time to Die’ Hires Composer Hans Zimmer, Replacing Dan Romer
- Brad - The Next ‘Star Wars’ Saga Rumored to Take Place 400 Years Before the Skywalker Saga
Other Articles Mentioned:
- 2020 Directors Guild Awards Nominees: Tarantino, Scorsese, Bong Joon-ho, and More (But No Greta Gerwig)
- HT’s The Millennial Falcon Podcast
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.