Jaws, Dragon’s Lair, Mad Max, & What Happens To The Oscars & Golden Globes This Year?
Mar 30th, 2020 by slashfilmdaily
On the March 30, 2020 Episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film senior writer Ben Pearson to discuss the latest film and tv news, including Jaws, Dragon’s Lair, Mad Max, and a bunch of Coronavirus updates.
Opening Banter: Is it still March?
In The News:
- Ben: ‘Bruce’, a Musical About the Making of Steven Spielberg’s ‘Jaws’, Swims to Stage in 2021
- Ben: Netflix Making a ‘Dragon’s Lair’ Movie Based on Legendary Arcade Game, Ryan Reynolds to Star and Produce
- Ben: George Miller Wants to Shoot ‘Mad Max’ Furiosa Prequel Next Year, and Has Auditioned Anya Taylor-Joy for the Lead
- Ben: China Closing All Movie Theaters Again to Keep Battling Coronavirus
- Peter mentions The Emmys Still on Track for September, But Deadlines Have Been Shifted and Campaigning Suspended
- Ben: Golden Globes Altering Eligibility Rules Due to Coronavirus Complications, Oscars and More Likely to Follow Suit
- Ben: Disneyland and Walt Disney World Will Remain Closed “Until Further Notice” [Updated]
Other Articles Mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.