JJ Abrams Defends Star Wars, Black Widow, DMZ, Quentin Tarantino, Clerks 3, Obi-Wan Kenobi & Stranger Things 4
Oct 1st, 2019 by slashfilmdaily
On the October 1, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film weekend editor Brad Oman and writer Chris Evangelista to talk about the latest film and tv news, including a DMZ tv series, a Quentin Tarantino novel, Clerks 3, JJ Abrams defending Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Stranger Things 4.
In The News:
- Chris: Quentin Tarantino is Writing a Novel About a World War II Vet Who Learns to Love Foreign Movies
- Brad: Kevin Smith Assures Us ‘Clerks 3’ Is Back In Business with a Whole New Script
- Chris: J.J. Abrams Defends Bringing Palpatine Back For ‘The Rise of Skywalker’
- Brad: Obi-Wan Kenobi TV Series Has Found the Director It’s Looking For With Deborah Chow
- Chris: ‘Stranger Things’ Season 4 Teaser Reveals We’re Not In Hawkins Anymore
- Brad: Ava DuVernay Turning DC’s ‘DMZ’ Comic Book into a Series for HBO Max
- Jacob: ‘Black Widow’ Set Photos Reveal the Return of William Hurt’s Thaddeus Ross
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!