Moon Knight, Ghostbusters, Bond, Justice League, Willow, The Meg 2, Avatar 2 and Addams Family
Oct 26th, 2020 by slashfilmdaily
On the October 26, 2020 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film weekend editor Brad Oman and senior writer Ben Pearson to discuss the latest film and tv news, including Moon Knight, Ghostbusters, Bond, Justice League, Willow, The Meg 2, Avatar 2 and Addams Family.
Opening Banter: With the special Tobolowsky episode last wednesday, that means we haven’t talked movie news in a week, so we have a lot to catch up on!
In The News:
- Ben: ‘Moon Knight’: Oscar Isaac Will Star in Marvel’s Latest Disney+ Series
- Brad: ‘Ghostbusters: Afterlife’ Release Date Pushed Back Even Further to June 2021
- What big movies does that leave us before Summer 2021?
- Brad: ‘No Time to Die’ Won’t Go Straight to Streaming, But Conversations With Netflix and Apple Did Happen
- What movies on the calendar now for 2020/2021 do you think could end up skipping theaters?
- Ben: Deathstroke and The Joker in Justice League:
- Brad (og Chris): ‘Willow’ TV Series From Disney+ Will Be Directed by ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Director Jon M. Chu; Warwick Davis and Ron Howard Returning
- Thoughts on Chu for this gig?
- Ben: ‘The Meg 2’ to Be Directed By ‘Rebecca’ and ‘Kill List’ Filmmaker Ben Wheatley
- Is this a bad career move for Wheatley?
- Brad: ‘Avatar 2’ Underwater Scenes Had Sigourney Weaver and the Cast Holding Their Breath Over Six Minutes at a Time
- Ben: ‘The Addams Family’: Tim Burton to Get Creepy and Kooky with His First Major Live-Action TV Series
Other Articles Mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.