Patrick Stewart, Batwoman, Supergirl, Star Wars, Spider-Man: Far From Home, MoviePass, and More
Aug 7th, 2018 by slashfilmdaily
On the August 7, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film senior writer Ben Pearson is joined by managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, and writer Hoai-Tran Bui to discuss the latest film and TV news, including Patrick Stewart returning to his legendary Star Trek role, MoviePass’s newest plan, a new MoviePass movie, a Supergirl film, the Birds of Prey villain, the live-action Star Wars TV show, and Spider-Man: Far From Home casting.
In The News:
- Patrick Stewart Will Play Captain Picard Once More in New ‘Star Trek’ Series for CBS All Access
- MoviePass Won’t Raise Prices, But New $9.95 Subscription Plan is No Longer Unlimited
- MoviePass Still Thinks They Can Make Movies, Casts Bruce Willis in ‘10 Minutes Gone’
- It’s a Bird! It’s a Plane! It’s a New ‘Supergirl’ Movie Officially in the Works
- ‘Birds of Prey’ Villain Will Be Batman Bad Guy Black Mask
- Ruby Rose Cast as The CW’s Batwoman
- Live-Action ‘Star Wars’ TV Show to Cost $100 Million for 10 Episodes, Rumored to Be Set on Mandalore
- Samuel L. Jackson and Cobie Smulders Join Cast of ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’
Other articles mentioned:
- The 10 Best DC Animated Movies
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ Ditches the Iron Spider Suit, May Hint at Tragedy in ‘Avengers 4’
All the other stuff you need to know:
You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
/Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
Please feel free to send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.