Possible ‘Star Wars’ Live-Action TV Shows In Development, Our Hopes For Avatar 2, MCU, Amazon, John Lasseter & More
Feb 19th, 2019 by slashfilmdaily
On the February 19, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor in chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film senior writer Ben Pearson, and writer Chris Evangelista to talk about the latest film and tv news, including Amazon, Captain Marvel, Gwyneth Paltrow, Marvel on Netflix, Avatar 2 and Star Wars Disney+ Shows.
Opening Banter: Peter is seeing Captain Marvel tonight and will be away tomorrow.
In The News:
- Ben: Amazon’s Film Plans: Sexy Date Night Movies, a Shifting Theatrical Release Model, and More
- Chris: Sexist Trolls Already Targeting Captain Marvel on Rotten Tomatoes
- Ben: ‘Luck’ Needs a Lady Tonight: Emma Thompson Bails on Skydance’s Animated Movie Because of John Lasseter
- Chris: Say Goodbye to Pepper Potts: Gwyneth Paltrow is Exiting the Marvel Cinematic Universe After ‘Avengers: Endgame’
- Ben: Marvel’s ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘The Punisher’ Officially Canceled at Netflix, But Marvel TV Head Teases Some Kind of Continuation
- Chris: James Cameron Says ‘Avatar 2’ Story Goes to ‘Dark Places’, Calls the Four Sequels an ‘Emotional Rollercoaster’
- Ben: Rumored ‘Star Wars’ Disney+ Spin-Offs
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.