Scarlett Johansson’s Top Secret Marvel Project & Annoying TV Storytelling Devices
Nov 19th, 2021 by slashfilmdaily
On the November 19, 2021 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editorial director Peter Sciretta is joined by senior writer Ben Pearson to talk about the latest film and TV news, including Scarlett Johansson’s top secret Marvel movie and in the mailbag, we’ll discuss TV storytelling devices that annoy us.
In The News:
- Peter: Scarlett Johansson Is Working On A 'Secret' Marvel Project, But It's Not Black Widow
- Any guesses?
- Yelena, but isn’t that Black Widow related?
- Ryan Scott: A woman MCU team up?
- This docuseries? But not “top secret” if there’s a casting call on the marvel website
- Tower of terror movie? Nope
- Ben: WarnerMedia Wants to Launch Its Own Version of the Nielsen Ratings: Here's Why That Matters
What TV storytelling devices annoy you?
- flashbacks intercut echoing current day story
- imaginary characters to chat with
- characters who come back into the characters’ lives who have drug or alcohol addictions
- Characters withholding information from each other
- When characters don’t specify things in conversations
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.