Do We Need/Want a Sherlock Holmes Cinematic Universe, Thomas The Train Engine & Slinky Movies
Oct 7th, 2020 by slashfilmdaily
On the October 5, 2020 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film weekend editor Brad Oman and senior writer Ben Pearson to discuss the latest film and tv news, including movie theaters, release dates, Star Wars, a Sherlock Holmes cinematic universe, Thomas The Train Engine & Slinky movies.
In The News:
- Brad: AMC Theatres and Cinemark Will Not Close Their Doors Like Regal Cinemas
- How can they afford to stay open?
- Ben: ‘Star Wars: From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back’ Stories Revealed
- What are the most ridiculous and interesting stories here?
- Brad: Robert Downey Jr. Is Developing a ‘Sherlock Holmes’ Cinematic Universe to Follow the Next Sequel
- So what does this mean? We’re getting a Watson standalone movie?
- Ben (og Chris): ‘Thomas and Friends’ Movie Being Developed for ‘World War Z’ Director Ma…
- Pitch me how this movie will work.
- Brad: ‘Slinky’ Movie to Walk Down Stairs and into Theaters to Tell the Origin Story of the Classic Toy
- Is there enough interesting backstory to Slinky’s creation?
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.