Spoiler Etiquette For Movie Critics/Journalists, Rust‘s Accidental On-Set Death
Oct 22nd, 2021 by slashfilmdaily
On the October 22, 2021 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editorial director Peter Sciretta is joined by senior writer Ben Pearson to talk about the latest film and TV news, including Rust’s on-set accidental death, Nightmare on Elm Street and spoiler etiquette for movie critics.
In the News:
- Peter (og Anya) The Original A Nightmare On Elm Street House Is For Sale - Sweet Dreams!
- Ben (og Josh): Cinematographer From Alec Baldwin's Rust Has Died After An On-Set Accident
- Rust Director Released From Hospital After On-Set Death Of Halyna Hutchins
- Alec Baldwin Expresses 'Shock and Sadness' Over On-Set Death
- IATSE Mourns Sister Halyna Hutchins
In The Mailbag:
- Michael O from Nashville TN writes in “Hey Peter! Big fan of the podcast. I was kinda shocked yesterday that you guys didn’t cover what I thought to be the biggest story coming out of the Eternals premiere. And no, I’m not talking about the spoiler, but I’m talking about the ones who spoiled! I couldn’t believe that some reporters were openly talking about the events of the post credits scene. Is this… allowed? Based on your lack of comment, I have to assume there’s either some journalistic loyalty or maybe this is more normal than I would expect. Will there be consequences for the spoilers? Doesn’t that hurt his job? Or am I over blowing everything!! I don’t know what to think but I’m still frustrated and I’m hoping you guys can break this down for me.”
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.