Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Netflix and The Great British Baking Show, Richard Linklater, It Supercut, and More
Sep 3rd, 2019 by slashfilmdaily
On the September 3, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film senior writer Ben Pearson is joined by /Film weekend editor Brad Oman and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to talk about the latest film and TV news, including Richard Linklater’s ambitious new movie, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Netflix’s release strategy, and a possible It movie supercut.
In the News:
- Chris - ‘Merrily We Roll Along’ Might Take Richard Linklater 20 Years to Finish
- Brad - J.J. Abrams Says ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Didn’t Ruin His Plans for ‘The Rise of Skywalker’
- Brad - ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ Will Reveal Some of Poe Dameron’s Surprising Past
- HT - Netflix Changes ‘The Great British Baking Show’ to a Weekly Release; Could This Signal a Shift for the Streaming Giant?
- Chris - ‘It’ Supercut Combining Both Films Would Be 6-Plus Hours; Plans for a Scrapped Post-Credits Scene Revealed
Other Articles Mentioned:
- ‘It: Chapter Two’ Review: A Massive, Messy Horror Blockbuster That Understands What Makes Stephen King So Special
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.