The Nothing News Episode (But Somehow It’s Still Good)
Nov 15th, 2018 by slashfilmdaily
On the November 15, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film senior writer Ben Pearson and writer Hoai-Tran Bui to talk about the latest film and tv news, including FilmStruck, Blumhouse, Bosch, Bad Robot, Captain Marvel and Jack Black.
Opening Banter: News is starting to dry up as Thanksgiving week approaches.
In The News:
- HT: Spielberg, Scorsese, Nolan and More Are Trying to Save FilmStruck
- Ben: Amazon Will Stream Eight Exclusive Blumhouse Features From Diverse Directors
- Peter: Amazon Orders ‘Bosch’ Season 6, Because People Can’t Get Enough of ‘Bosch’!
- Ben: Bad Robot Announces Six New Movies, Including a Thriller From ‘The Good Place’ Writer Megan Amram
- HT: Why Nick Fury Waited To Call Carol Danvers, According to the ‘Captain Marvel’ Prelude Comic
- Ben: Jack Black Doc ‘The Insufferable Groo’, About a Tommy Wiseau-Style Filmmaker, Finds U.S. Distribution
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Play, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.