The Rise of Skywalker Details, Snyder Cut, Henry Cavill’s Superman, Beverly Hills Cop 4, Chinatown Prequel, and More
Nov 19th, 2019 by slashfilmdaily
On the November 19, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film senior writer Ben Pearson is joined by /Film weekend editor Brad Oman and writer Chris Evangelista to talk about the latest film and TV news, including details from Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Jon Favreau’s plans for a new Star Wars holiday special, Beverly Hills Cop 4 going to Netflix, WB having no plans to release the Snyder cut of Justice League, Henry Cavill saying he’s still on board to play Superman, a Chinatown prequel series, and how the future of movie-going as we know it could be in danger.
In The News:
- Brad - ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ Details Emerge as the Film Races Toward the Finish Line
- Chris - Jon Favreau Isn’t Joking About Wanting to Make a New ‘Star Wars’ Holiday Special, Already Has Plans
- Ben - With the Removal of an Historic Court Ruling, the Movie Landscape as We Know It Might Change Forever
- Brad - Paramount Sells ‘Beverly Hills Cop 4’ to Netflix, Along with an Option for Another Sequel
- Chris - Despite the Director and Cast’s Wishes, WB Has No Plans to Release the Snyder Cut
- Ben - Henry Cavill Says He’s Not Done Playing the Man of Steel: “There’s a Lot of Justice to Be Done for Superman”
- Chris - ‘Chinatown’ Prequel Series Coming to Netflix from David Fincher and Robert Towne
Other Articles Mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. (Chris’s Advice Corner!) Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.