TIFF 2018, The Nun, Les Moonves, Candyman, Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Sep 10th, 2018 by slashfilmdaily
On the September 10, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film senior writer Ben Pearson is joined by managing editor Jacob Hall and writer Hoai-Tran Bui to talk about the latest film and TV news, including the fall of CBS CEO Les Moonves, The Nun’s stellar box office opening, a Candyman remake, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s increased episode order. In our Feature Presentation, writer Chris Evangelista gets on the phone to talk about the films he’s seen at the Toronto International Film Festival.
In The News:
- ‘The Nun’ Summons $53.5 Million Debut, The Biggest Opening for ‘The Conjuring’ Franchise
- CBS CEO Les Moonves Resigns Amidst Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- A ‘Candyman’ Remake Could Be Coming From Jordan Peele
- NOICE! ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Now Has an Order For 18 Episodes at NBC
In Our Feature Presentation:
- TIFF Reviews from Chris Evangelista, including:
Other articles mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Play, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.