Trying To Make Sense Of The James Gunn Firing
Jul 23rd, 2018 by slashfilmdaily
On the July 23, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film Weekend Editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to talk about the big breaking news during Comic-Con, that Disney has fired Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn.
Opening Banter: Comic Con has nearly destroyed Peter.
In The News:
- James Gunn Fired as Director of ‘Guardians of the Galaxy 3’
- The news itself
- The extent of Gunn’s tweets
- James Gunn’s history
- The people responsible for getting him fired
- Our thoughts on the situation
- The response from the Guardians on twitter
- People coming to his defence, the petition
- Is there any chance Disney will rehire Gunn?
- What might this mean for the future of the MCU?
Other articles mentioned:
- Screenshots of James Gunn’s tweets
- James Gunn responds on Twitter
- Sean Gunn responds on Twitter
- Dave Bautista responds on twitter
- Zoe Saldana responds on Twitter
- Chris Pratt responds on Twitter
- Pom Klementieff responds on Twitter
- Michael Ian Black and Patton Oswalt on Twitter
- Selma Blair Urges Disney's Marvel to Rehire James Gunn: "This Man Is One of the Good Ones"
- RE-HIRE JAMES GUNN
- Dan Harmon Deletes Twitter Account After His 2009 Video Featuring Baby Doll Rape Resurfaces
- Bobcat Goldthwait Asks to Be Removed From Disney Parks Attraction After James Gunn Firing
- Director James Gunn Apologizes for Anti-Gay and Sexist Comments on Blog Post
- Disney Should Know the Difference Between James Gunn and Roseanne
All the other stuff you need to know:
You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
/Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
Please feel free to send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.