[Updated] A Super Sized News Edition: Lasseter, Star Wars, Looney Tunes, Batman, It, Stranger Things, Arachnophobia and more
Jun 12th, 2018 by slashfilmdaily
On the June 12, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film weekend editor Brad Oman and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to talk about the latest news, including John Lasseter leaving Disney, the directing credits on Bohemian Rhapsody, a Hulk Hogan vs Gawker movie, seeing Infinity War 43 times, a live-action Aeon Flux tv series, Lord of the Rings details, a new Star Wars video game, new Looney Toons short films, the future of Batman, It: Chapter 2 casting, Stranger Things prequel and a reboot of Arachnophobia.
In the News:
- John Lasseter Is Leaving Disney At the End of the Year
- Bryan Singer Will Be the Credited Director on ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’
- Hulk Hogan vs. Gawker Movie Coming From ‘Red Sparrow’ Director and ‘Big Short’ Writer
- One Marvel Fan Has Apparently Seen ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ 43 Times, Doesn’t Seem Crazy [Updated]
- MTV is Rebooting ‘Aeon Flux’ As a Live-Action TV Series
- Amazon’s ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Will Be ‘One Big Series’, Peter Jackson’s Involvement Likely
- New ‘Star Wars’ Video Game in 2019 Will Follow the Fall of the Jedi After ‘Revenge of the Sith’
- That’s Not All, Folks! ‘Looney Tunes’ is Coming Back as a Short-Form Content Program
- Is Matt Reeves Rebooting ‘The Batman’ Without Ben Affleck?
- ‘It: Chapter 2′ Lands Isaiah Mustafa for the Last Slot in the Losers’ Club
- ‘Stranger Things’ Books Are Coming This Fall, Including a Prequel About Eleven’s Mother
- James Wan Developing ‘Arachnophobia’ Remake at Amblin
Other articles mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
/Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
Please feel free to send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.