Vin Diesel, Razzie Awards, Westworld, and the Coronavirus vs. Hollywood
Mar 18th, 2020 by slashfilmdaily
On the March 18, 2020 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film senior writer Ben Pearson and writer Chris Evangelista to discuss the latest film and tv news, including Vin Diesel, the Razzie Awards, Westworld, and the Coronavirus vs. Hollywood.
In The News:
- Chris: Vin Diesel Says Steven Spielberg Told Him to Direct Again or Else It Would Be a “Crime of Cinema”
- Ben: Razzie Awards 2020: ‘Cats’ is Awarded Worst Picture, While Eddie Murphy Wins Razzie Redeemer Award
- Chris: ‘Westworld’ Season 3 Ratings Are Down Down 57% From Season 2
- Ben: The Coronavirus is Hurting Film Crew Members
- Chris: AMC, Alamo, Landmark, and Cinemark Closing Theaters
- Ben: Not All Theatrical Movies Will Go Straight to Streaming, Theater Owners Say
- Chris (og HT): Box Office Could Lose Up to $2 Billion From Closures As Only 20% of U.S. Theaters Remain Open
- Ben: Most Network TV Shows Won’t Finish Their Current Seasons Due to the Coronavirus
Other Articles Mentioned:
- Hollywood Coronavirus Cancellations: A List of Film, TV, and Entertainment Events Impacted By Pandemic
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.