‘Watchmen’ Episode 2 Spoiler Discussion
Oct 28th, 2019 by slashfilmdaily
On the October 28, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film senior writer Ben Pearson is joined by /Film writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista for a spoiler-filled discussion of the second episode of HBO’s Watchmen, entitled “Martial Feats of Comanche Horsemanship.”
In The Spoiler Room:
- Origins of the “Watch Over This Boy” paper, German secretary writing a flyer which aims to convince black American soldiers to come to Germany
- Angela takes the old man back to her lair, lashes out in pain behind closed doors, and then interrogates him (Dialogue: There’s a vast and insidious conspiracy right here in Tulsa, but I can’t tell you about it or your head will explode. Psychic powers, I’m Doctor Manhattan)
- Angela gets the call about Judd’s body, goes to the scene
- Moth paparazzi
- White Night flashback sequence
- What happened to Angela’s husband Cal?
- What happened to that shooter after the scene cuts away?
- They adopted the children of her murdered partner
- Scene with Angela’s son Topher playing with the floating toy (castle connection)
- Jeremy Irons and The Watchmaker’s Son
- Red Scare leads the charge in Nixonville, wants to round up suspects; predictably, a fight breaks out
- Angela takes coffee cup with Will’s DNA on it to the Greenwood Center for Cultural Heritage, discovers that he’s her grandfather
- Henry Louis Gates, Jr. is the Secretary of the Treasury (in real life, he’s a Harvard University professor and prominent scholar of African-American history and culture)
- Angela heads to Judd’s house, meets Joe Keene, finds skeleton in Judd’s closet
- Uses Nite Owl technology, which has been appropriated by the government
- Angela arrests Will, who is rescued by a mysterious ship wielding a huge magnet
- American Hero Story - Zack Snyder
- Is Will the original Hooded Justice?
- Episode title - any thoughts on what the painting represents in this context?
Other Articles Mentioned:
- ‘Watchmen’ Starts Asking Questions With “Martial Feats of Comanche Horsemanship”
- The ‘Watchmen’ Reference Guide: Every Easter Egg in “Martial Feats of Comanche Horsemanship”
- There Are Huge Racial Disparities in How U.S. Police Use Force
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.