Water Cooler: 4K TV, Pirates, Star Wars, GLOW, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Jurassic Park, Mission Impossible, Phantom Thread, Tabletop & more
Jul 2nd, 2018 by slashfilmdaily
On the July 2, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Scirettais joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson and writers Hoai-Tran Buiand Chris Evangelistato talk about what we’ve been up to at The Water Cooler.
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Jacob bought a new 4K TV, an Xbox One, and a new couch
- Peter went back to Disneylandthis weekend, and took in the new changes to Pirates of the Caribbean, and also got AMC Stubs A-List.
- Hoai-Tran went to the March to Keep Families Together, died in the 90-plus degree heat
- Brad went to Star Wars in Concertin Chicago, trying to inefficiently stay cool in the hot heat
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Peter binge watched all of GLOW Season 2, saw Ant-Man and The Wasp again and wanted to mention the 3D, and discovered Simon Wilsonon YouTube.
- Jacob is watching Brooklyn Nine-Nineagain after finishing it just a week ago and watched Jurassic Parkagain.
- Chris watched The Dark Knight, the entire Mission: Impossibleseries and sawFirst Reformedand Three Identical Strangers.
- Hoai-Tran watched Set It Upand cried during Won’t You Be My Neighbor.
- Brad watched Jurassic Parkand The Lost Worldwith his girlfriend from out of town
- Ben watched Final Deployment 4: Queen Battle Walkthrough, Won’t You Be My Neighbor?, half of GLOWseason 2, Phantom Thread, and rewatched It: Chapter One
- What we’ve been Playing:
- Jacob hosted a game day and played Captain Sonar, Viticulture, and Cash n Guns
- Hoai-Tran has been playing Utada Hikaru’s new album, Hatsukoi.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Brad has been eating Sloppy Joe Pringlesand Splitz Pop-Tartswith Strawberry and Cheesecake filling
Other articles mentioned:
- AMC Stubs A-List Review: Convenient and Worth It If You Live Near AMC Theatres That Play Good Movies
All the other stuff you need to know:
You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
/Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
Please feel free to send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.