Water Cooler: Frozen II, Ford v Ferrari, Survivor, The Crown, 21 Bridges, Klaus, Marriage Story, The Irishman, Uncut Gems & More
Nov 21st, 2019 by slashfilmdaily
On the November 21, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson and writer Chris Evangelista to discuss what they’ve been up to at the Water Cooler.
Opening Banter: HT is away.
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Peter created his own Twitter account. He went to Disneyland and filmed a video on holiday tips and tricks. Watch the video, and hung up his Christmas and droid trees. Watch the video.
- Chris adopted a turkey from Farm Sanctuary.
- Brad wanted to beat the hell out of someone who wouldn’t shut up in a movie theater.
- Ben turns this into a referendum on what is and isn’t acceptable in theaters with a list of inexplicable behavior he’s witnessed over the past few weeks.
- What we’ve been Reading:
- Ben read The Art of Game of Thrones
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Peter and Ben saw Frozen II.
- Jacob and Brad watched Ford v Ferrari.
- Peter watched The Mandalorian but you can hear all about that in the Friday podcasts. He also checked out the first two episodes of Encore on Disney+ and Survivor.
- Jacob watched The Crown season 3.
- Chris watched 21 Bridges, Klaus, and Cop Land.
- Brad watched Marriage Story and The Irishman.
- Ben watched Uncut Gems, the Fleabag one-woman show, The Souvenir, and re-watched Portrait of a Lady on Fire.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Jacob tried The Yard, a milkshake bar featured on Shark Tank.
- Peter is back on Keto and loves Green Chef. Use Peter’s code to get a free week of Green Chef.
- Brad had the best hot chocolate of his life at Mindy’s Hot Chocolate in Chicago.
- What we’ve been Playing:
Other Articles Mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.