Water Cooler: Ghostbusters Fan Fest, Toy Story 4, Big Little Lies, Demon Wind, Ran & More
Jun 11th, 2019 by slashfilmdaily
On the June 11, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film senior writer Ben Pearson is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to talk about what they’ve been up to in the Water Cooler.
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Brad went to the first Ghostbusters Fan Fest on the Sony Pictures lot, went to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, but will talk about that later this week.
- Jacob visited Walt Disney World and interviewed cast and crew from Toy Story 4.
- What we’ve been Reading:
- Ben read Ernest Hemingway’s The Sun Also Rises
- Jacob has been enjoying The Haunted Mansion: Imagineering a Disney Classic by Jason Surrell.
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Brad watched the first episode of Big Little Lies while Ben and Jacob watched the premiere of season 2.
- HT and Brad watched Rocketman
- Ben watched Clue and the first two Toy Story movies
- Jacob watched Toy Story 4 and wants to talk about the final episode of Chernobyl. He also rewatched The Perfection.
- Brad watched Juliet Naked, Gifted, and rewatched The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part.
- Chris finally watched Demon Wind.
- Hoai-Tran watched Ran, A Silent Voice, has started watching Outlander, and is rewatching Lost.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Brad went to Slab in Los Angeles with Peter, had Korean barbecue for the first time, tried Queso Fundido Cheez-Its and Air Heads Stripes.
- Jacob took a diet break to dine at Disney: Skipper Canteen, Cava del Tequila, Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’, Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar, and Nomad Tavern.
- What we’ve been Playing:
- Brad tried Beat Saber and Super Hot on the Oculus Quest.
Other Articles Mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.