Water Cooler: It Chapter Two, Mindhunter, Good Boys, Succession, Castlevania, Le Samourai, Rocko’s Modern Life, TV Mounting, Digital Cameras
Aug 21st, 2019 by slashfilmdaily
On the August 21 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to discuss what they’ve been up to at the Water Cooler.
Opening Banter: Check out the site for the Spider-man updates.
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Peter and Ben went to the It Experience in Hollywood.
- Peter bought the Canon g7x Mark III and hated it, and has now purchased the Sony a6400 instead.
- Brad got his TV mounted above the fireplace, is hating moving furniture around.
- Ben saw Jurassic Park in Concert at the Hollywood Bowl
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Peter and Chris saw It Chapter Two.
- Jacob and Chris watched Mindhunter season 2.
- Peter and Ben saw Good Boys.
- Brad watched Rocko’s Modern Life: Static Cling, rewatched Clifford and Larger Than Life
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Jacob watched Castlevania, Glow, and Hobbs and Shaw.
- Ben watched Le Samourai, The Standoff at Sparrow Creek, Fleabag, Under the Silver Lake, Bicycle Thieves, and Stalker.
- Hoai-Tran watched Where’d You Go Bernadette, Bunuel in the Labyrinth of the Turtles, rewatched 1994’s Little Women, started watching Succession.
- Chris watched Ready or Not.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Brad tried the Cherry Sunset Freeze at Taco Bell.
- What we’ve been Playing:
- Jacob has been playing The Quest for El Dorado.
- Ben played a game called Erica for PS4
Other Articles Mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.