Water Cooler: News of the World, One Night in Miami, Speed, Minari, The Vast of Night, and More
Dec 16th, 2020 by slashfilmdaily
On the December 16, 2020 episode of /Film Daily, /Film senior writer Ben Pearson is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to talk about what they’ve been up to at the water cooler.
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Jacob ran out of space on Gmail, somehow.
- What we’ve been Reading:
- HT is continuing her journey in Earthsea, finished The Farthest Shore and is reading Tehanu.
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Ben, Brad and Chris watched News of the World
- Ben, HT, and Brad watched One Night in Miami…
- Ben and Brad watched The Way Back and The Vast of Night.
- Ben watched Promising Young Woman, On the Rocks, Wolfwalkers, and His House.
- Jacob and HT watched The Personal History of David Copperfield.
- Jacob watched Mank, Run, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sound of Metal, Boys State, and Shirley. He also watched the first season of Evil.
- Chris watched Tenet, While You Were Sleeping, Speed, The Santa Clause, Scrooged, and Big.
- Brad watched Ammonite, The Queen’s Gambit, The Holiday Movies That Made Us, and Friends Season 2
- Hoai-Tran watched Soul and Minari.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Brad tried SweetTarts Twisted Holiday Punch Ropes, Monster Papillon and Khaotic flavors, Mocha Kit Kat Duos, Snickers Peanut Brownie Squares.
- What we’ve been Playing:
- Jacob beat Demon’s Souls on PlayStation 5.
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.