Water Cooler: Ozark, Doctor Who, Black Klansman, Always Sunny, Money Heist, Predator, Conjuring, Pachinko, Doom Patrol
Sep 11th, 2018 by slashfilmdaily
On the September 11, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by managing editor Jacob Hall, senior writer Ben Pearson and writer Hoai-Tran Bui to talk about what they’ve been up to at the Water Cooler.
Opening Banter: Chris is away at the Toronto International Film Festival and Brad is sick.
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Peter went to the yearly Magic Castle swap meet and bought magic stuff.
- Jacob found time to visit Madness Games and Comics in Dallas and celebrated his third wedding anniversary.
- What we’ve been Reading:
- Hoai-Tran has been reading Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
- Jacob has dipped his toes into Doom Patrol
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Peter finally saw Spike Lee’s Black Klansman and Paddington. He tried to watch Nicolas Cage in Mom and Dad, finished Ozark season 2 and started watching a spanish tv series called Money Heist on Netflix. He also saw a press screening of The Predator.
- Ben saw The Predator, started Ozark, and caught the season 13 premiere of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
- Jacob rewatched all of the Conjuring movies before he saw The Nun.
- Hoai-Tran finally saw Three Identical Strangers, has been rewatching and renewing her love for Doctor Who.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Peter celebrated a friend’s birthday at Michael Mina's Bourbon Steak and had a cheat day at the Crack Shack and regrets it.
- Ben ate one of the best meals of his life at Majordomo.
- Jacob ate suppli at Enoteca Vespaio and it’s just the best.
- What we’ve been Playing:
- Jacob has been reading the Vampire: The Masquerade 5th edition book.
- Ben is still playing Marvel’s Spider-Man
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Play, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.