Water Cooler: Sharp Objects, Barry, Ant-Man, Coco, GLOW, Zorro, MI, Predator 2, Over the Garden Wall, Save the Last Dance & More
Jul 9th, 2018 by slashfilmdaily
On the July 9, 2018 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to talk about what they’ve been up to at the Water Cooler.
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Jacob has been battling the cold from hell and has been shopping for new light fixtures because this is the Adult Life.
- Peter has a hole in his bedroom ceiling and learned nothing from the process, and discovered the wonders of OfferUp
- Hoai-Tran was rudely thwarted from Friday movie night thanks to a MoviePass outage.
- Brad went strawberry picking at a local orchard
- What we’ve been Reading:
- Jacob read an incredible article about John Arthur, the “toughest man in America.”
- Hoai-Tran has started reading Amy Tan’s The Bonesetter’s Daughter.
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Peter binge watched Barry and watched the first episode of Sharp Objects, has yet to use his AMC A-List
- Jacob saw Ant-Man and the Wasp, finally watched Coco and has started watching GLOW on Netflix.
- Ben watched Set It Up, The Mark of Zorro, Witness for the Prosecution, and Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation
- Chris watched Predator 2 on HBOGo, and re-watched A Quiet Place.
- Hoai-Tran watched Ant-Man and the Wasp, Sorry to Bother You, My Hero Academia, Over the Garden Wall, and the first episode of Sharp Objects.
- Brad saw Ant-Man and the Wasp, watched Save the Last Dance for the First Time, has been watching Big Brother Season 20.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Brad has been eating Grilled Steak Doritos from Canada, Crunchy Cinnamon Squares Chocolate Bar and a Milkybar, and tried White Mystery Airheads soda from 7-Eleven.
- What we’ve been Playing:
- Jacob has been playing Forza Horizon 3, broke out the JackBox Party Pack for the millionth time, and has continued organizing his board game library.
- Brad picked up LEGO Dimensions and some expansion packs on the cheap from Walmart.
All the other stuff you need to know:
You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
/Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
Please feel free to send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.