Watercooler: HBO Max, Space Force, Lord of the Rings, The High Note, Run, Devs, The Trip, Darkside of the Ring, What We Do in the Shadows, Lance, Solo, Paper Girls
May 29th, 2020 by slashfilmdaily
On the May 29, 2020 Episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson and writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to discuss what they’ve been up to at the Water Cooler.
Opening Banter: Ben is back, in a new room.
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Chris released a new bonus episode of 21st Century Spielberg.
- What we’ve been Reading:
- Chris read The Butchering Art: Joseph Lister's Quest to Transform the Grisly World of Victorian Medicine by Lindsey Fitzharris.
- Ben read Paper Girls Vol. 1
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Peter watched a few more episodes of The Darkside of the Ring, Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian and rewatched Solo.
- Brad watched Never Have I Ever, Space Force, and Emma
- Jacob watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy, the first episode of ESPN’s Lance, the season premiere of The Titan Games, Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum, The Jurassic Games, Aquaman, and Critters.
- We talk about HBO Max.
- Chris finished The Last Dance, finished a complete rewatch of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, rewatched Die Hard: With a Vengeance, and started watching the What We Do in the Shadows TV series.
- Ben rewatched Double Indemnity, finished Run, started Devs, and watched Ready or Not and Bad Education.
- Hoai-Tran watched The High Note and The Trip to Greece after a marathon of The Trip movies.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Peter has been eating fruit and yogurt every morning but also had a cheat meal with a Croissant Crust Pizza from Digiorno.
- What we’ve been Playing:
- Jacob has been banging his head against Planet Coaster.
Other Articles Mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.