Water Cooler: Ju-on: Origins, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, How To Sell Drugs Fast (Online), Muppets Now, Indiana Jones, Star Trek, Love on the Spectrum, The Boys, Ocean Waves
Jul 31st, 2020 by slashfilmdaily
On the July 31, 2020 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson and writer Hoai-Tran Bui to discuss what they’ve been up to at the Water Cooler.
Opening Banter: Comic Con at home, and Ben's Lost-inspired office.
At The Water Cooler:
- What we’ve been Doing:
- Peter went back to a theme park with Knott’s Taste of Calico event. Watch our video of the event here.
- Brad was able to get all of the Comic-Con exclusives that he wanted, received $250 in KFC gift cards for liking Secret Recipe Fries.
- Hoai-Tran guested on Chris’ 21st Century Spielberg podcast.
- What we’ve been Watching:
- Jacob and HT watched Ju-on: Origins.
- Peter watched the first two seasons of How To Sell Drugs Fast (Online) on Netflix.
- Jacob watched 2009’s Star Trek, Relic, Crawl, Impetigore, Amulet, Devil’s Gate. He is also re-watching The Boys.
- Ben rewatched Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
- Brad watched both seasons of What We Do in the Shadows, first few episodes of Muppets Now, the first season of Love on the Spectrum, The Old Guard
- Hoai-Tran watched the Indiana Jones movies, The Adventures of Tintin, and Ocean Waves.
- What we’ve been Eating:
- Brad tried Tropical Froot Loops, Hostess S’mores Cupcakes, Ben & Jerry’s Netflix and Chill’d Ice Cream, Taco Bell Grilled Cheese Burrito,
- What we’ve been Playing:
- Jacob is several sessions in with the two online RPG campaigns he’s running.
Other Articles Mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.