What Wrong Lessons Will Hollywood Take From Joker’s Success? Marvel TV, Foundation, Avatar 2, Hocus Pocus 2 & Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Oct 24th, 2019 by slashfilmdaily
On the October 24, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film senior writer Ben Pearson and writer Hoai-Tran Bui to discuss the latest film and tv news, including Marvel TV, Joker box office, Foundation, Avatar sequels, Hocus Pocus 2, and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
In The News:
- HT (og Chris): Marvel TV Head Jeph Loeb is Leaving the Company
- Ben (og Chris): ‘Joker’ Box Office Profits Will be Almost as Much as ‘Avengers: Infinity War’, Because We Live in a Society
- HT: Rupert Sanders to Direct ‘Foundation’ Pilot for Apple TV+
- Ben (og Chris): ‘Avatar’ Sequels Will Use High Frame Rate “Sparingly,” According to James Cameron
- HT: ‘Hocus Pocus 2’ is Being Summoned at Disney+
- Ben: New ‘Star Tours’ Update Will Take Us to Death Star Remains, Reveals Name of Planet Where It Crashed
Other Articles Mentioned:
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.