Why Last Night’s Game Of Thrones Didn’t Work
Apr 29th, 2019 by slashfilmdaily
On the April 29, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor in chief Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film managing editor Jacob Hall, and senior writer Ben Pearson to discuss the latest episode of Game of Thrones and why so many fans are so angry about one of the most anticipated episodes of television ever.
Opening Banter: Last night’s Game of Thrones has the internet talking, and not in a good way. Who watched it?
In Our Feature Presentation:
- Was it too dark?
- Why was this battle such a huge deal?
- What are people mad about? What caused it?
- Are there problems beyond darkness and presentation?
- Who lived and who died?
- What stuff did we actually like?
- What comes next?
Other Articles Mentioned:
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Drops the Ball With “The Long Night,” the Worst Battle in the Show’s History
- Why You Couldn’t See a Damn Thing on This Week’s Game of Thrones
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.