Why Warner Bros’ Shelved Batgirl & Scoob 2
Aug 3rd, 2022 by slashfilmdaily
On the August 3, 2022 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editorial director Peter Sciretta is joined by /Film news writer Ryan Scott to talk about the latest film and tv news, which today centers around Warner Bros’ shelving Batgirl and Scoob 2.
Opening Banter: Peter went to the premiere of Prey last night.
In The News:
- Ryan: Batgirl Movie Has Been Shelved, And Warner Bros. Has No Plans To Release It
- Has this ever happened before?
- Discovery CEO David Zaslav has wasted no time, shutting down CNN Plus a month after it launched and gotten rid of nearly half the entire lineup of The CW.
- Why Was The Batgirl Movie Canceled? Here's What We Know So Far
- The bad optics
- the film’s creators and star, all people of color, thrown under the bus with rumors that the film was horrible
- The official statement
- "The decision to not release Batgirl reflects our leadership's strategic shift as it relates to the DC universe and HBO Max. Leslie Grace is an incredibly talented actor and this decision is not a reflection of her performance. We are incredibly grateful to the filmmakers of Batgirl and Scoob! Holiday Haunt and their respective casts and we hope to collaborate with everyone again in the near future."
- Would you work with WB ever again?
- Scoob 2 Writer 'Heartbroken' Over Warner Bros. Scrapping Film: 'The Movie Is Practically Finished'
- Accounting loophole
- Streaming vs theatrical and a changing corporate strategy
- Brand protection
- Resetting DC?
- DC Launches New Website, Drops Comics From URL & Social Handles
- The bad optics
- Will we ever see it?
- What about The Flash?
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at email@example.com. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.