Will Joker Be An Oscar Contender? Spider-Man Popcorn, Disney+, Avengers, Regal Unlimited, Criterion & Big Mouth
Jul 26th, 2019 by slashfilmdaily
On the July 26, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor-in-chief Peter Sciretta is joined by weekend editor Brad Oman, senior writer Ben Pearson, and writer Chris Evangelista to talk about the latest film and tv news, including Spider-Man: Far From Home, Disney+, Avengers: Endgame, Joker, Regal Unlimited, Criterion and Big Mouth.
Opening Banter: It’s Tarantino Friday!
Feedback: Ryan, the director of AMC’s Corporate Communications wrote into the podcast in response to our Spider-Man popcorn mystery argument: “Hey Peter – I heard the podcast yesterday and the discussion about the Spider Man popcorn. I know that sometimes the debate is more fun than the actual answer, but I figured I’d ask around here to get the definitive answer. In case you wanted to know, the flavor (both colors) is Vanilla Kettle Corn.”
In The News:
- Ben: ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ Becomes First Spidey Film to Break $1 Billion at the Box Office
- Brad (og Fred): Hulu Will Offer Disney+ as an Add-On – Here’s What That Means For Current Subscribers [TCA 2019]
- Chris: ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Deleted Scene Takes a Knee (and Shows What Happened to Gamora)
- Ben: Todd Phillips Thinks ‘Joker’ Can Win Venice Film Festival’s Top Prize, Festival Director Thinks It’s Heading for Oscars
- Brad: Regal Unlimited Movie Ticket Subscription Launching Before the End of the Month with Three Tiers
- Chris: Criterion is Releasing a Monster-Sized ‘Godzilla’ Box Set for Its 1000th Edition
- Brad: ‘Big Mouth’ Renewed for Three More Seasons of Raunchy Comedy at Netflix
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.